Thursday, October 12, 2006

A very interesting thing happened to me today.

About a week ago, I received an email from a guy who saw my profile in a personals website. He was well into his 60s and I decided to meet him for a cup of coffee. He seemed like a really nice guy. However as I was talking to him I started to realize that what he was telling me sounded familiar. "Strange", I though. I never met this guy, yet I knew I heard his stories somewhere. 30 minutes into the conversation, I realized why. Let's rewind back 6 years ago in time...

I had just broken up with my boyfriend of 3 years and was devestated. I put out an ad in an online personals website and got an email from a Japanese guy. He told me that he was happily married to a guy and that they've been together for 20 years! He asked me if I wanted to have dinner with him. I was in a really shitty mood so I told him that I would be happy to join him for dinner as long as he was paying and only if he took me to a really nice place! I suggested the New York Grill at the Park Hyatt, which is one of the most expensive places in Tokyo. I was hoping he would say no and that would be the end of it. To my surprise, he said ok and found myself in a position unable to refuse.

To make a long story short, we ended up having dinner the next night, and the next and the next...actually 5 nights in a row. I told him honestly but politely, that I was not looking for a relationship and I agreed to have dinner with him because I felt it would be "safe" as he was in a committed relationship. Well, funny thing is that he seemed to like me...a lot. I won't get into details...however he fell in love with me and although I didn't feel the same way, it was fun. He paid for everything, took me on trips to New York, Europe and Asia...all business class. We stayed in the best hotels and we ate like kings. As time went by, he started to get really serious and it made me feel uncomfortable. I mean he had a parther of 20 years and I never expected things to get so serious between us. Well, it ended badly...he getting hurt much more than I ever expected. I felt like shit really...but I was honest with him...never really promised him anything...well I know I shouldn't have done what I've done, but still...

Now fast track to today. I met this guy at the coffee shop for a cup of coffee. Although I didn't mention it to him, he was the guy's partner! I found it rather amusing and decided not to mention anything to him. I mean the whole affair thingy was a big secret. You know, they both lived abroad in Europe. They were both complete strangers to me. And I was contacted by both of them...a couple that plays with other guys in secret. Can you imagine what would happen if I did it with this guy I met today? What a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home