Saturday, September 09, 2006

Dragged myself out of bed this morning after a night of restless sleep. Hopped into the shower, brushed my teeth and changed into some nice clothes before my first student of the day arrived. It's been about 10 months since his last lesson so we ended up talking about his ex-boyfriend for most of the hour. I did extend his lesson 30 minutes longer since I felt funny taking money from him just for listening to him talk about his life. I teach conversational English to adults at home on a part-time basis. It's an enjoyable part-time job and I look forward to meeting my students. I also make a living doing other stuff, but that's another story all together.

A guy who works with me came for a visit at 2pm for some training. I might as well tell you now, I work with a network marketing company. He's a new distributor and I needed to train him today. I know a lot of people think network marketing is some kind of money-making scheme or a pyramid, but far from it, it's a legitimate business. If it wasn't the industry would have been long gone and a lot of people would be in jail! It takes work and nobody gets paid for doing nothing. If a company tells you they'll basically pay you for paying a fee without doing anything, you can almost be certain that it is an illegal pyramid scheme. All I can say is that it's feeding me and helping me to help other people do the same and I love it!

I had a simple egg salad sandwich for lunch with a cup of decaf latte. Then another student came at 5pm and my last one for the day left at a little past 7pm. By this time, I was starving so my partner suggested we get some curry in the neighborhood. It was good and filling. We ended up renting a DVD, a love comedy with Reese Witherspoon, and had a quicky.

I did bring up the fact that I was upset yesterday but told him I won't torture him by yelling at him or anything like that. It's over, I'm over it and it's the past. Once again, I'm at peace with myself and tonight I will hopefully get a better night's rest.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I plan on having a good time. What do we have planned you ask? Well, we leave at 8am for IKEA to buy a bookshelf for our new office. After that, we go to
Tokyo Disney Sea for a few hours. A day of wholesome fun...that works for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home